Monday, September 24, 2012

Temple and Camping

Over memorial day weekend we were lucky enough to have Chris's family come up and go through the Brigham City Temple open house. I am always in awe at the beauty and peace found within those four walls. Being able to walk through with my kids seemed to solidify even more in my heart the immense gratitude I have for the sealing power that has bound us together for eternity. 
Watching Addison through the temple was an experience I will never forget. She was so alert and aware of where she was. While we were in the sealing room I know that I witnessed a conversation between her and a few friends she remembered from Heaven. As she pointed towards the ceiling and smiled and talked I was reminded of just how thin the veil is and how many loved ones we have on the other side surrounding us to help us through. Needless to say I didn't make it through with dry eyes.
So grateful for these incredible places on earth where we can go to be so close to our Heavenly Father. So grateful for these experiences that remind me of what is most important. 

After the temple we went up Provo Canyon to stay in a cabin with the Clayton family. 
Saturday everyone went fishing. Taycee called her pole a swimming pole. Lots of different bait was used for fishing but the most successful bait was twizzlers. I think we caught about 6 fish (small fish, but fish none the less) with a small piece of licorice on the hook.



The babies were all a bit dirty so they all got to take a bath together.
KaitLynn wasn't super excited about the entire experience. Addison becomes a wild woman in the tub and she scared KaitLynn a bit. :)

Grateful for family.
Grateful for the gospel.
Just Grateful.

xoxo-

me

No comments: