Sunday, July 28, 2013

Into the darkness

Anyone who knows  us well knows that our lives have been a little helter-skelter as of late. I would suppose that anyone's life gets a bit crazy with the entrance of the new baby. Add to that the impending defense of Chris's dissertation, the end of our lease, the lack of job, and the fact that Kaden  should be starting first grade and Taycee should be starting preschool in three weeks and we have no idea where we will be living and it's fair to say that it has been a stressful time. Much time has been spent in silent prayer asking for help and guidance. And though we still don't know where we will be going comfort has been sent and I am constantly reminded that my plans are not His. His plans are greater, His plans will teach more, His plans humble and refine, His plans will lead us where we need to be. So we are holding out to see just what His plan for our little family is.

In the meantime we are packing boxes and preparing to move. Good thing storage units aren't too expensive. We are so blessed to have good family who is willing to take us in till we know where we are going. Kaden is currently enrolled in two kindergartens and there is a strong likelihood he won't attend either. I am hoping wherever we end up I can find a preschool with an open spot for Taycee. I am hoping that sometime in the next three weeks I can find the time and money to take my kids school shopping. I am hoping a job is right around the corner. I am hoping that there is a perfect little house just waiting for us wherever that job is. I am hoping in the next two weeks I can find someone who wants our bunnies. I don't think they will fare well in the storage shed. I am hoping that by September I look back and smile at how everything worked out. I have faith that if we continue to press on we will be blessed.

Faith is a funny thing. It is so easy to have when it is not needed and so hard to hold onto when it is needed most. It is so easy to ask "why?" Why haven't we found a job yet? Why were we guided down this path? Why are all the blessings we were promised being withheld at the moment? Why aren't all of our prayers answered? Why hasn't the fasting made a difference? Why? Why? Why?  Daily I feel Satan putting these questions in my head. He wants to instill fear and doubt. Those are his greatest tools and it is so easy to succumb to those emotions. It is true that faith and fear cannot coexist. And when I push Satan aside and choose to put my faith in Heavenly Father I am blessed with peace and a calm assurance that he is in control, he is aware of me and he does have a plan for us. Today as I was sitting in Sacrament meeting I was so touched by the talks I felt as though Heavenly Father had them written just for me. This quote was read on faith, "Faith, to be faith, must go into the unknown. Faith, to be faith, must walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness." - Neil A. Maxwel. That is where I feel we are right now, on the edge of the known and the light. Now it is time to take a few steps into the darkness. 

Here is to embarking on new adventures into the unknown,

Xoxo-

Me.

No comments: