Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our Boo is 2

Addi Boo, Booster, Sister, Little Miss, The Boost,
You are 2.
And I really can't believe it.

Nothing makes a little person seem big quite like bringing a new tiny person home. And so all in one week you went from being 1 to being 2 to seeming like you were 5. And this mommy's heart is having a hard time accepting it all.

You are such a sunshine in our home, your brother and sister adore you. You are never lacking in sibling attention, they almost love you too much sometimes. But you are usually a pretty good sport and don't mind being hauled around to the place of their liking. You want to be a part of everything they are doing and mimic their every move.

Oh how you love your daddy. And who can blame you? He is a pretty great guy. When he walks through the door your chubby little feet hit full speed as you run to him saying "hi dada, hi dada" and don't you fear, that adoration is mutual.

You are such a fighter, in the best of ways. You have been through more illness in your short two years than most go through in their first 20. But you always come through it smiling. You are currently dealing with a strange skin condition that has covered your whole body with large red bumps. It almost looks like chicken pox on steroids. But you don't complain even when we have to scrub your head with fungal shampoo every day for 10 minutes. You are such a trooper.

You are in to EVERYTHING now. You are such an explorer. But you are usually quick to obey when I tell you "no". Your favorite place of destruction is the game cubbies. You love to pull out all the boxes filled with different cards and pieces and dump them all out into a big pile on the floor. You also love to pull all your legging and pants out of the dresser in your room. The bathroom  is still a place of fascination for you but you are better at not playing in the toilet. :D

You are finally starting to talk! I think you have always had the words you just didn't want to use them. You now use the words "Down, Please, Juice, Toys, Shoes, Bu Bye, Oh no, belly, Hi, Uh Oh, Where is it?, There it is, Set go!, All done, owie, baby, Dada, Mama, Bampa (grandpa), and a very forceful NO! (although it sounds more like NIN)" on a very regular basis. But my most favorite word you say is "bunny". Because we have been using the word baby a lot with your new baby sisters arrival you were having a hard time distinguishing between the words bunny and baby. So when we would say bunny we would really emphasize the "N" and pretty soon you started saying bunny something like "bum-um-ummy" and you scrunch up your face while saying it. I laugh every time.


You are so loved little Boost. I hope that you always know that. You have a determination and will that is going to carry you through anything this life sends you. Those chubby hands and feet will soon be grown and as much as it hurts my heart to think about that there is comfort in knowing that they will grow to do so many great things. But while they are still small and tearing apart game boxes I will try to soak up every moment. I will continue to tickle your cute little thighs and ask you where the bunny is a million times a day just to hear you say "bum-um-ummy". I will read you the books you love, and let you lay in bed with me and watch Madagascar. I will laugh with you when you think you are clever and kiss your owies when you get hurt. I will sit in our swing outside and rock while you say "weeeee" over and over. I will continue to be in awe of your incredible flexibility. Seriously sister, you have some crazy flexibility. I will take you to church and chase you up and down the halls during Sacrament meeting because you are just too busy to keep still. And even though there is a new little sister now and she takes up a lot of mommy's time you will always be my little Boo, and if you ever need me I am yours.

Happy Birthday little miss.
xoxo- mom

1 comment:

Kathy Nielson said...

I LOVE these pictures of little Miss Addison!! I can't believe she is 2!