Friday, November 7, 2008

Goings on…

(This post does contain info about bodily functions) Well it has been an eventful week. Okay not really that eventful but it makes me feel better to say it was eventful because I feel like I have ran a marathon. I am to that stage in pregnancy where even the littlest thing seems to drain me of every drop of energy I have. Not to mention that I don't sleep well at all at night because I have officially got a huge belly
that makes it impossible to be comfortable. As most have heard I have already started to dilate…. A little early don't ya think? And I lost my "plug" yesterday and I have the worst "cramps"/back pain I have had in a long time. The doctor thinks this is all a result of over-working
my body and stressing out too much. I am trying to slow down. I got my hair done this week. I had her cut it extra short because I have no idea when the next time I will make it in will be. She also put a little extra brown in… for the same reason. Well let me say BAD IDEA!!
The combination of the dark and the extra short makes my face look extra fat. I have started the swelling and water retention thing and this new "do" frames my face so perfectly as to bring out the round puggy-ness
it has come to be.

My good friend at work Jocelyn had her baby. (Lucky) so I went to see her yesterday at the hospital. He baby is tiny 5 lbs 11 oz and so cute. However seeing Jo in the hospital bed brought back strong memories of what it is like those first few weeks after a new baby and it seemed to cure my anxiousness for this baby to come. All of this brings me to today… I am sick… with what? I don't know. But I have bolted into the work bathroom (which is conveniently located across from my desk) twice as my body twisted and heaved and eventually projectile what little I had in my stomach outwards. The best part is I don't dare leave work because I have some meeting to conduct later today and I am pretty sure my boss wouldn't be too happy if I wasn't there. So I will continue to smile and pretend that my body is going through a series of hot flashes then cold chills combined with shaky hands and a very queasy stomach. Oh and did I mention that not only is my desk conveniently located right next to a bathroom but also a microwave… and it is lunch time… and everyone is heating up their food the combined smell of which isn't making this stomach thing any easier.

Looking forward to tomorrow… I have to clean my house and do the laundry. I HAVE to, I am obsessed with getting it done this weekend. EVERYTHING… floors, sinks, tubs, toilets I want it all clean and perfect. How, you might ask, am I going to accomplish this when I can barely walk from my desk to my meetings today? How will it get done with an 18 mo old who can destroy faster than I can clean. How, when my capable and willing husband will be at work most of the day and doing homework the rest? How when I am supposed to be very careful of what I do as to not exert myself and go into labor? I don't know. But you better believe that by Monday morning it will be done. – That is all for now.

(I will post picture when I can.. I lost my camera…then found it and broke it…. then fixed it and now I have to put the pictures on the computer.)

5 comments:

Mrs. JoAnne Mabey said...

honestly- i REALLY know how you are feeling, i am not yet 5.5 months, and having contractions- my activities are limited, it stinks- like everything literally does. i am sorry tho- GOOD LUCK!!!

Crystal Nelson said...

Oh honey, you have got your hands full! I'm sure you must be miserable, but you had me giggling reading your post! It's so hard to picture someone that you knew so well when we were 13 dealing with an 18 month old and the joys of being pregnant! It makes me wonder what in the WORLD i am thinking trying for baby #2 right now! lol!

Sarah Ball said...

oh wow Jill doesn't sound like you are having a very good day. Im sorry. But be careful this weekend, don't over exert yourself. believe me It is worth a dirty house in order to keep carrying your baby, but I know how you feel I go crazy when there isn't enough hours in the day to keep the house clean. But Having a premie is so hard and scary, we were lucky that Cooper was so healthy but I met lots of friends in the NICU that there babies had a lot of problems being born so early and it was really hard on them. Has your doctor had you go in and get the Steroid shots? I got them the day before Cooper was born and it was the reason that he didn't have to be on oxygen. Most of the other babies born the same time as him even had to go home on oxygen. So maybe look into it if they are really worried you could go early. Anyway good luck and start feeling better! take care!

Tina said...

Whoa Nellie....I think you need a nap! A nice long one.

Jorgensen Bunch said...

You crack me up Jill! If you ever need to hire a maid, I mean a free maid, I would be more than happy to help clean while your busy with motherhood! Hey send me an invite, Im going private too!