Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Sunscreen... OH MY!

We went to the zoo on Saturday. It was the first time we have gone to the zoo with Kaden and I think I was more excited about it than he was. All week I kept asking him if he wanted to go and see the monkeys or the lions. I am pretty sure he didn't understand but he said "yeah" every time. Saturday morning I went grocery shopping to get a few things to take with us. I decided to buy baby sunscreen because I thought it would be the strongest protection and the most gentle for the kids skin. Before we left we pretty much bathed the kids in the sunscreen and then set off. When we got to the zoo Kaden was rubbing his eyes and they were red and puffy and tearing. I thought he must have rubbed sunscreen into his eyes so when we got inside the park we flushed them out with water. About 10 minutes later his eyes were still tearing and


swollen but I also noticed his whole face was starting to get red and splotchy. To make a long story short... we think he was allergic to the sunscreen, we basically gave him a bath in the drinking fountain and about 15 minutes later he was all cleared up and happy. Of all the rotten luck! Who would have thought he would be allergic to baby sunscreen?!? Anyway, the first few pictures you can see Kaden looks in a bad way... poor kid. All in all he loved it and today in the car he kept saying "monies" (monkies) I think he thought we were going back.

This is the new double stroller we bought. It's a sit and stand and I really like it!

Our cute Tater-bug

Riding the Carousel

Looking at the elephantsI love the guy in the background. just makes me smile

Raised by monkeys.....

Kaden and his cute friend Elena looking at the Giraffes

Yep... he is just about as long.

He wants to be as big as daddy.Looking at the BIG monkey

2 comments:

Jocelyn Kay said...

Jealous! I wish we could have come but we didn't even get back to the house till 3 so we would have missed ya. Too bad Kaden is allergic to sunscreen for babies.

Matt and Jenni said...

That is SO cute! Going to the zoo is honestly one thing that I am really looking forward to when I have kids...so I don't blame you for being excited. ;)