Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Solid Ground

Summer is over and I find myself at a loss for words. I want more. More warm days spent playing in the backyard. More days to use our Cherry Hill passes. More lazy mornings and game nights. More time to be spontaneous and carefree. Not to say that I don't love fall and schedules and routines. Because the organized OCD part of me lives for the time of year when I know what we will be doing on any given day. I also long for the day that I don't wake up 5 times a night and wish I lived in Antarctica so my house wouldn't be so flippin hot. :) 

This summer has been good to us. So many fun memories were made. Too much growing up happened. Lots of sun was soaked up ( spending 60% of the summer at Cherry Hill will do that to you). And though we had floods and surgeries, and a car without an AC (Antarctica here we come). I feel like we are starting fall out on a more solid ground. A little more thankful, a little happier, and (hopefully) a little healthier too! 

Addison has made incredible leaps and bounds this summer. And thanks to an incredible blessing from her grandpa Clayton she is finally unhindered by Acid Reflux. #sothankfulforthepreisthood. It has been a joy to watch her grow and thrive and finally be an active outgoing baby.



The kids have been angels this summer. They stick together like paper and glue. They are the best of buddies and I am so glad they have each other. I worry that Taycee might have a hard time with Kaden gone everyday. But no doubt she will find new ways to entertain herself. Addison might be the one who really wishes Kaden would come home.



This summer has solidified us. We have found our groove. We are happy and content and comfortable. Maybe I just feel this way because I know that change is coming, BIG change. Pack up your things and move across the world change. Maybe I don't want this summer to end because I know it will be our last here, surrounded by the friends and family that we love. Whatever the reason, I feel a little bit of loss at seeing this summer go. 


Here is to more summers like this one, and to being on solid ground.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The kids are so adorable! Do you know where you are moving to? Or just far away? Here's to hoping it's cooler.

Jill and Chris said...

Steph- China is strongly in the running. If not there maybe Texas or the East Coast somewhere.