Monday, January 21, 2013

2012 Wrap-up

Before we move on to 2013 I thought I would re-cap our year. 

As a family 2012 brought a few firsts
First pet(s)- 2 bunnies Lily and Midnight.
First season pass's- To Cherry Hill, kept us quite entertained this summer.
First summer in this house with no major yard repairs
First time going to a temple open house (as a family)
First time to the circus
First family bike ride
First time to Disneyland


2012 was a big year for Addison. She had lots of firsts this year,
First tooth
First time rolling over
First time sitting up
First time crawling
First steps
First solid foods
First (of way too many) ear infection
She is finally caught up to where she should be. Her 18 mo stats were right about in the 40th percentile. She has a few appointments at Primary Childrens this month and we are hoping we can find out why she has such a hard time staying healthy.

She learned so many new tricks including learning how to sign a few words which is making communication so much easier. 
Here is a video of her signing "more" and "please"


She is finally starting to really laugh and I am hoping when she gets tubes her talking will pick up as well for now her most frequent words are
Hi
Hi Taycee
Bu-bye
Uh Oh
Dropped it
Thank You
Diaper
That



Taycee had her first dance lesson
First day of joy-school
First dance recital
First time cutting her own hair (and hopefully last)
First professional pedicure
First professional hair cut
First visit to the Dentist office
First time owning her own real makeup
and she is starting to read. It is actually quite amazing, she is a smartie pants.




Kaden had his first day of Kindergarten which came with so many firsts
first school lunch 
first homework
first school project
first test
he is doing so well and one of the hardest things about moving will be having to take him out of his awesome school. 
He also had his first silver crown put on his tooth
First friend birthday party
First time swimming without a life jacket
First time boogie boarding



I don't know that I had any firsts this year but my photography business did start to take off and I spent a lot of time taking and editing pictures. I also purchased an elliptical and put it right next to my bed. It was probably one of the best purchases I ever made. It has been fun having a kindergartner and I only felt slightly old when they asked me to be a room mom. I volunteer in Kaden's class once a week and love watching him learn and interact with the other kids.
Chris spent the year working like a mule. With the end finally in site we are getting so excited to start making plans and seeing all his hard work coming into fruition. He published a few papers and  even presented some of his own work at an energy conference in Pittsburgh. Basically I am married to a genius. In the end of 2012 he started the groundwork with a co-worker to start up his own business and is very excited about the prospects there. He still remains a super hero to all of us here at home and I am constantly amazed at all he accomplishes at work at home and in his calling at church.

So 2012 was good to us and we are excited to welcome in 2013 with all of it's challenges and new experiences. 

We had family pictures done a few months ago and since I never got around to posting them I guess I will do so now.









Oh and here is our Christmas Card this year. I had all the best intentions of sending them out to everyone... but it didn't happen. Oh well... next year. :D

No comments: