Dear Addi Boo,
Remember that time when you were 20 months old and I looked at you and panicked? I felt like your days were slipping through my fingers and you had gone from a tiny baby to a little girl in .06 seconds. Remember how I worried that a new baby girl was on her way and somehow that would make you less of my baby? Remember how I followed you around for the next few days with my camera documenting every little thing that you did trying so desperately capture the small moments? Remember how 90% of the pictures turned out blurry because you were moving at 100 mph from the second your eyelids open til the moment your long eyelashes were resting again on those chubby cheeks?
Remember how you were always trying to sneak into the pantry so you could steal some cold cereal? It was your very favorite treat at 20 months old. You knew exactly which bag was your favorite and you would grab it, sit down and fill your chubby little fingers with crunch berries.
Remember how unstable you were when you walked? You fell down constantly but it never bothered you, you would immediately stand right back up and walk your drunken little walk to wherever it was you wanted to be.
Remember how your very favorite place in the whole house was the bathroom? I did all I could to keep those doors shut but you had a sixth sense for when they were left open. You would always sneak in and open the drawers and cupboards and pull out whatever it was you found there. You especially loved to play in the toilet. Do you remember how much your mommy hated that part?

Remember how your favorite item was your toothbrush? Oh how you loved to brush your teeth. You walked around the house with it in your mouth for a good part of every day. At night when you saw me pull our the toothpaste you would get so excited and walk as fast as your legs would carry you over to me and say "AH" so I would brush your teeth.
Do you remember? I hope to. I hope I always remember these days, because they are fleeting and it seems that they are changing every moment. Please stop growing my little Boo.... at least until I find a way to preserve every moment of your crazy, busy, sweet little self.
xoxo-
Momma







No comments:
Post a Comment