My dear bitty pretty one,
You have been in our lives for just over 3 weeks now, yet my heart can't remember a time when you weren't ingrained in it's every beat. The first few days of your life were spent as close to my heart as you could physically get. The nurses had to pry you away for your checks and daddy hardly got any snuggle time at all. I was desperate to soak up every second of you. I know you will probably be my last and it is hard to wrap my mind around the concept of never having a tiny baby laying on my chest again,
You have been an angel since day one. You eat like a champ and sleep like a champ. You have slept 5-7 hours at night from the day you came home. You rarely fuss, and are quickly consoled. You are beautiful, truly beautiful.
You are still so tiny, yet you seem so big. Your sister Addison was in preemie clothes for the first 3 months of life, today I packed up all of those preemie clothes because you are officially in newborn size. You are growing to fast.
I can't count how many minutes of my day are spent in awe of your perfection. Last night I said to daddy "how did we create something so perfect?" Your perfect little nose, your long delicate fingers, your ten tiny toes, every tiny detail of you makes my heart want to burst.
You have stolen my heart, my sleep too, but mostly my heart. I don't get much done these days because in the moments when I am not making PB&J sandwiches, running to various doctor appointments, or reading stories I scoop you up and snuggle you close. And we stay that way til another little person needs mommy.
Some say you look like your brother, but I can't decide. Sometimes I can see him in you, but mostly you are your own little person. You have started to open your eyes more as of late. It is your siblings favorite thing. They love to look at you and tell you all sorts of things. You are loved little one, that is for sure.
Welcome to this world little one. If I could freeze you just the way you are I would. I would hold you on my chest forever and breathe in that glorious newborn smell. But you must grow, so I will just try to savor the moments that are mine.
xoxo-
mom












No comments:
Post a Comment