Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The best 6 of you

Dear Brielle,
   You are 6 months now, and I feel like the tighter I grasp to these passing days the more fleeting they become.
I have a hard time believing that half a year has passed since I heard your perfect tiny cry and yet it feels like you have been a part of my heart for eternity. But then again, I suppose you have. I lose many moments of my day staring and your perfect little face and taking in the wonder that you are.
At 6 months you are tipping the scales at 17 lbs 8 oz (80th percentile) and you are 27.5 inches long (over 95th percentile) You are tall and beautiful and perfect. You recently had your first illness and it was a whopper. You had RSV and an ear infection all at once and I spent many hours watching your chest rise and fall. 
You have woken up from that sleepy newborn stage and have a constant desire to explore everything in your reach. Each new sound pulls your eyes and you pass your toys from hand to hand with great curiosity. But my most favorite time is when your eyes find me and you break out in your 100 watt"I know you" grin.

You are a pro at sitting and eating. You can roll over if you must but you don't care for it much. You have liked every food you have tried although plain carrots weren't your favorite. When I steamed carrots mixed with corn beans and peas, however, you ate them right up. Peaches seem to be a favorite fruit although you like applesauce and pears as well.


You love to snuggle your favorite purple blankie, and I don't blame you. It may be the softest blanket ever created. You are easily consoled when you're upset as long as that blankie and a binkie are present. You like to be part of the action and hate to be left alone in any room.

You are beautiful. All babies are I suppose but you seem to possess an extra dose of beauty. That is the first thing everyone who meets you says. "She is such a beautiful baby!" Usually followed by a comment about your eyes or bow. :)  Our new ward here in Virginia is obsessed with you and we hear whispers of admiration all through sacrament meeting from the pews behind us. One particular sweet grandma makes a point to come up every week to talk to us and tell me you are the most expressive baby she has ever seen.


I would keep you just this way forever if I could. The thought of you getting just a tiny bit bigger everyday tears at my heart. I would keep a baby in my arms forever if I could and you are too quickly trying to leave them. So I hold you tight while I can and give those silky soft cheeks 1 million kisses a day.

If I could only hold on to 6 things of you just the way you are they would be 
The way you tap your hand against me while you nurse til I give you my finger to hold. 
The way your watch your sisters so intently as if you are trying to learn exactly how to be like them.
The way you flail your arms and squeal when I come to get you from your crib.
The way your face lights up and your mouth starts to work when you see your bowl of food.
Your perfectly porcelain skin and plump ruby lips.
The way you open your mouth and giggle when I snuggle my nose into your neck.

Thanks for six months of you my sweet baby.

xoxo- mama

No comments: