Monday, March 10, 2014

L-O-V-E

I am a lover of L-O-V-E.  I am a sucker for a good love story and "love songs" is a channel on my pandora. So it seems fitting that I was born on the day that celebrates love; who better to celebrate it with than my very own little loves. 






Chris is amazing. I think I have mentioned that a time or two. But true to his amazing self he always makes Valentines day/ my birthday a momentous occasion. Sometimes I feel guilty because he does so much to make sure I love the day that I am sure he hates it. 

Last year I was pregnant and deathly sick on my birthday, despite Chris's best efforts and planning nothing went according to plan. I am not sure if he felt pressure to make up for it this year, but boy did he.

I started the day with breakfast in bed. Waffles strawberries cream bacon eggs orange juice and a strawberry smoothie. It was all delicious. I also was greeted by four happy faces and eager hands filled with flowers cards and chocolate.

Then I got to exercise and shower... all by myself. Seriously, that might have been the best part of the day. Nobody stopped me to ask for a smoothie or help with "poo poo" no one was hanging on my leg or opening the shower door twenty times just to ask if I was done yet. It was a great morning.

It didn't stop there. Once I was all ready Chris handed my my phone with GPS coordinates and a sealed envelope I was to follow the GPS and not open the envelope til I arrived. When I arrived at A salon, I opened the envelope to find a certificate for a 3 hour spa treatment. It was heaven.

I came home to a home-made bunt cake and take out. And ended the night with a dance party on the kitchen floor with my very favorite people. 

I think I cried when we got in bed because I had to wait 365 more days til my birthday came again. :)


 Chris was so worried about this cake, his track record for baking hasn't been great lately. (though normally he does quite well in the kitchen) He was quite relieved when the cake tasted as good as it looked.


Seriously I think we need more days where people take time just to write nice notes to each other. :)   
Kaden's Valentine handouts

Taycee's Valentine handouts

Valentines for the teachers



No comments: