Addison version 3.2
34 lbs-- 75%
37 inches-- 45%
20 months ago you learned to walk and it seems you have been running ever since. Your little legs usually carry you at 100 mph in whatever direction I ask you not to go. You are unafraid and unabashed and unaware of any limitations others think you may have.
This 3 year old version of yourself is full of giggles and peek-a-boos. Your defiant grunts are slowly melting into "pease mama"'s and "I sorry"'s. And though your opinions are always still made known, they are usually communicated through words instead of screeches and tears. You laugh with your whole body and your scrunched nose smile gets you out of trouble more often than not.
You are so loved my little Boost. Daddy has a soft spot for you that is about the size of Texas. Just last night he said to me "man, she gets away with way more than her siblings did" and I just smiled. He said it as if it was a new revelation to him but baby girl he has been putty in your hands since the moment you wrapped them around his finger. Perhaps it is the way you yell "DADDEEEE" whenever he enters the room and then fling your body towards him as if you haven't seen him in months. Or maybe it is the way you plop your little self on top of him wherever or whenever and say "Daddy, snuggle?" Yeah, that is probably it.
You are growing, and learning, and yesterday as I watched you dancing in the kitchen with your sister I realized you are a little girl now. Somehow you left the toddler version behind and dawned princess dresses and cinderella heels instead. But instead of begging you to stop growing, for today I will just say thanks for letting me come along for the ride.
Mom











No comments:
Post a Comment