When we moved to Virginia I knew I would miss home. I do not think there is a way one can leave a place they have lived their entire mortal existence and not feel a longing to go back. Our plan was for summer. We would take a family vacation and fly back for a couple of weeks to soak in some family time. However the reality of flying 6 people from one coast to the other set in quickly and it rapidly became apparent that would not happen this year.
I told myself I would be okay with that. I tried really hard to be okay with that. But there was an ache for home that was constant. I am extremely blessed for many reasons but topping that list would be my most understanding and supportive husband. When I mentioned the idea of flying home solo for a week to see family he didn't balk at the idea for a moment. So tickets were booked and I was able to spend and entire week with those I love.
Brielle was my travel partner. I told most people it was because it was easier for Chris to handle the kids if I took her. (which was definitely true) But the most real truth was that I can't go a day without that chubby cheeked girl. She is my drug and I am completely addicted.
I started in St George, traveled to Brigham, back to Layton, Brigham again then ended the trip in Salt Lake. I was able to see so many friends and family members who made time to fit me in. I have so many people I love that live in that little state.
Leaving was harder than I imagined it would be. If I didn't have my 5 most favorite people living in Virginia I don't know that anything would have gotten me back on that plane. But board it I did, with an oath I would someday call Utah home again.
A few favorite pictures in no particular order.
 |
| Cousins! |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa left for their mission to the Philippines the same day I left to go back to Virginia. |
 |
| Some pickle ball with the girls |
 |
| Chris's aunt Terri and I went walking around the Bountiful temple one morning. |
 |
| These cute cousins are within a year of each other. |
 |
| My immediate family |
 |
| Shrimp Steak from Maddox. |
 |
| I do love these humans fiercely. |
 |
| All of my nieces and nephews on my side |
 |
| All of my nieces and nephews on Chris's side |
Utah Trip from
Jill Clayton on
Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment