Sunday mornings are by far the hardest at our house. Chris is at the church early for meetings before the rest of us are up. Which leaves me to get the remaining 5 of us ready with church bag, snacks and quiet activities packed and out the door by 8:30 to be to church on time. Last Sunday morning was no exception. After getting dinner in the crockpot dressing 4 bodies (thank heavens Kaden dresses himself) braids, pig tales bows, tights, and searching for the missing shoes. We scrambled to the car only 5 minutes behind schedule I buckled the baby on one side Addi was climbing into her car seat on the other and then.....smack, she dove out of the car onto the garage floor. I heard the screams and ran to the other side to assess the damage. When I picked her up she had her hands covering her mouth and was saying "owie, owie" I checked for blood but didn't see any and she was starting to calm down I gave her some love, buckled her into her seat and off we went to church. Twenty minutes later we pulled into the church parking lot and I herded the crew into the chapel only 7 minutes late. Chris was peacefully sitting in a bench waiting for us to arrive. ( Where is the justice... I mean really.) I plopped Addi on his lap and immediately started rummaging through the quite bag for my latest tricks to keep two toddlers reverent and quite for the next hour. That is when Chris tapped me on shoulder, I turned around and his eyes were about double their normal size. He was brushing Addi's bangs to the side and mouthing... "WHAT IS THIS?" And then I saw it. The real owie from the dive onto the cement floor. Addison had a black and blue bump on her head the size of a golf ball. I stared in stunned silence before I told Chris she fell out of the car. "Um.. have you put ice on it?" I thought, Well, no because I am an awesome mom and didn't even see it there. But I just shook my head "no" Chris immediately left to go find ice. I tried to stay calm and collected, but it lasted about 10 minutes before I picked up the baby told the kids to be reverent and left to track them down. When I found them I started blubbering about how I hadn't even seen it there, her bags were covering her forehead, she was pointing to her mouth and saying "owie" not her head, I was in a hurry, we were already late for church, I would have gotten ice had I know... it took all of 6 seconds before a was crying and Chris was convincing me I wasn't going to hauled away for child neglect.
We kept a close eye on her and the lump significantly decreased after the ice was put on it. Although she was a little docile for the rest of the day (I can't imagine the headache she had) she was her usual self by morning. We were very blessed that nothing worse happened. It has been over a week and she still has a slight yellowish green bump on her head. I have never been a big fan of 1:00 church but right now it is sounding like a welcome change.
We kept a close eye on her and the lump significantly decreased after the ice was put on it. Although she was a little docile for the rest of the day (I can't imagine the headache she had) she was her usual self by morning. We were very blessed that nothing worse happened. It has been over a week and she still has a slight yellowish green bump on her head. I have never been a big fan of 1:00 church but right now it is sounding like a welcome change. ![]() |
| A week later... |



No comments:
Post a Comment