The kids had spring break the week following Easter it was such a fun week for all of us and I was reminded again at what great people these kids are.
Monday we went to another Easter egg hunt that some friend in the ward were having. The kids collected quite a haul of eggs to add to their already significant stash. Their baskets are still full of candy but they are slowly picking away at it with our "2 treat a day" rule.
Monday was the prettiest day of the week and we spend a few hours outside playing catch and drawing pictures on the driveway. We used up almost an entire box of chalk.
Tuesday was raining and the kids helped me with my photography project for an online photography group I am part of.
Wednesday was 'P' day at our house. We had pancakes stayed in our pajamas built a Pinocchio puzzle played with play dough and ate popcorn. This was probably the kids favorite day. Taycee and Kaden both love puzzles and are actually quite good at putting them together. We went out and bought this puzzle especially for spring break.
It took the entire week and we finished it on Friday.
Thursday and Friday I had a lot of Spring Cleaning items I needed to get done. I think it was these days that the kids impressed me the most. They were the happiest little helpers. They organized closets and cleaned rooms, they even spent a couple hours out in the garden with me pulling weeds and getting the soil ready to plant. They were so great to do whatever needed to done and to do it happily. I was so proud of the responsible little people they are becoming, and I made sure they both got extra ice cream to show my appreciation!
It was such a great week and I was so sad when Monday came and they were headed back to school again. One benefit to living here in Virginia is there is a lot more time that we spend together as a family and I love spending my days with these people!







No comments:
Post a Comment