Christmas Eve started bright and early with our North Pole breakfast made by our little elf Jimmy. He made us delicious red and green apple french toast and the highly requested snowman milk. Kids at our house are early risers so Jimmy has to be up before the sun to have his breakfast ready. I'm guessing that leaves Jimmy fairly tired for the rest of the day. (Actually I am not guessing. It does. Very tired.)
Chris and I really try keep our family's focus on Christ through the Christmas season. When the kids wanted to throw Jesus a birthday party I was more than happy to oblige. The kids did all the planning. They made invitations and decorated a special birthday chair. We made and decorated birthday cupcakes and each wrote down our special gifts for the Savior this year then wrapped them. I spent a lot of time asking the kids what it would be like if the Savior was really coming to His party. What would they wear? What would they want to be doing, or saying? It let us all reflect on what we want our home to be. I came to the realization that if the Savior was going to walk into my home I would care a lot more about what it felt like than what it looked like. (Although the clean OCD side of me would take care of that as well I am sure)
After the birthday party we played our traditional Christmas Olympics. I think the kids like that part of Christmas Eve just as much as they like opening presents on Christmas day. We ended Christmas Eve with a special birthday dinner and made sure to set a place for the Savior. After opening new Christmas jammies and whipping up a batch of Santa cookies the kids were off to bed.
We told the kids they couldn't wake us up until 6:00am however at 5:00 they were all awake and walking around upstairs which meant we were up as well so Christmas morning also started bright and early. I was tired, like can't see straight tired, but I would do it all again (and I will in about 12 months). Watching these little people that I love burst with happiness at each new surprise makes my heart so happy. These are the best years. I know it. So I'll take early mornings, late nights, and too tired to see days because they come with excited squeals, and beaming faces and so many happy memories.






![]() |
| Brielle playing our hang the ornament game. She has THE BEST kissy lips. |




Clayton Christmas from Jill Clayton on Vimeo.

No comments:
Post a Comment