Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Ceiling came down... and the carpet came up!

Monday morning Chris woke me up by saying " We have a big problem". I thought Taycee had wet her bed or something and said "It's ok, I'll take care of it when I get up". He responds "UH, the toilet has been leaking all night and the upstairs is flooded." SO NOT OK. The tank to the toiled cracked during the night and we had a good inch of standing water. We ran downstairs to see if it had caused damage on the main floor and found this... Yeah... SO NOT OK. The carpets were soaked upstairs and down. Luckily the basement was ok. an hour later the disaster clean up crew was here tearing thins apart.
Up came the carpet and pad...

Down came the ceiling....



We are hoping to have everything dried out and repaired by weeks end. What a fun way to start out the week. :D
I just have to post these pictures to explain how the picture taking process goes around my house.


Step 1- I notice the kids are matching or looking cute... or I just feel like taking their picture.


Step 2- I say something like, "Hey look, that red vine on our fence is BEAUTIFUL how about I take some pics of the kids in front of it."


Step 3- Chris helps round the kids outside ( he has learned not to fight me on it because he never wins... although I am sure he is groaning on the inside)


Step 4- I say something like, "Okay, go stand by the vines and smile."


Step 5- The kids go stand INSIDE the vines and do something goofy.... we get a picture that looks like this....

Step 6- I think this picture is fine but of course I would like something a little different, maybe not so much behind the vines as right in front of them, maybe no hands in the mouth.

Step 7- "I say "Ok, take two steps forward and put your hands down."

Step 8- The kids decide that 10 seconds of pictures is enough and take off running across the yard.

Step 9- Chris drags them back at my insistence

Step 10- They are now mad and crying and refuse to do anything I ask

Step 11- I try everything I can think of but all I get is this....
Step12- Chris gives me the triumphant yet frustrated "I told you so/This is why I hate pictures" look.
Yep that is about how all the pictures of the kids go around our house. :D

2 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

i just wanna say that your 12 step 'program' on how pictures go at your house CRACKED ME UP! haa haa

so crappy about the house though, i hope it's completely fixed soon! that is NOT a good thing to wake up to! :(

Anonymous said...

EEK!!! How do I take that song off? I tried and don't know how!