Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Kids

So Here is what these cute kids have been up to lately...

Kaden is loving pre-school... however I am not so sure how much the teachers are loving him. Have I mentioned he has a hard time sitting still and paying attention? Especially for 2.5 hours? Last week I went to pick him up and could hear him throwing a tantrum from the porch. SO NOT OKAY. We had many talks that weekend about obeying, and acting like a big boy and being nice and all of that stuff that seems to be so hard for a 3 year old to do. I think Tuesday went better. I also think that preschool teachers have the most patience on the planet.
Kaden is also starting to LOVE to sing. He is always singing a song to himself, many of them he learns at preschool so I don't know them. His speech is coming along quite nicely, he still is hard to understand for most people and his vocabulary is not as big as others his age... but considering where he came from he is doing excellent. He has an amazing memory, the teachers at preschool are amazed at how well he remembers words to songs after being sung only once.
He is also turning in to a total boy and thinks gross things are funny. He burps and farts quite often. The other night he let out a doozy in our room and said "Woah... excuse my bum" He is a tender soul though and is constantly watching out for Taycee, when I get after her for hitting or being mean to him he says "its okay mom, she's ok" It melts my heart to see him protect her. On that same note though he is not willing to take the blame for the naughty things she does, the other day I went up to the bathroom and there was and ENTIRE roll of toilet paper in the toilet, I called the kids in and started scolding them. Kaden got really wide eyes and just started pointing at Taycee. I guess she was the culprit.



Miss Taycee is POTTY TRAINED! WAHOO!!

She has been so ready for so long. She hated wearing a diaper if it was even the slightest bit wet and she thought sitting on the potty was so fun. She WAS NOT however waking up dry.. in fact usually she woke up soaked. My good friend Jocelyn had told me about the 3 Day potty training method and I decided to give it a try, we took advantage of conference weekend since we would be home for 3 days. I stocked up on toys and treats Thursday and Friday the training began, I was amazed at how quickly she caught on to the idea. By Sunday she was totally trained. I will forever use the 3 day method. It makes for an exhausting 3 days but it is totally worth it. Remember that Kaden took me about 3 months to potty train... yeah 3 days is much better.

Taycee has also got quite the little attitude. Chris is always commenting on how dramatic and emotional she is. HA, well yes, she is a girl. She has a naughty streak in her and the terrible 2's are in full force. I can't leave a room for more than 2 minutes or she has the entire thing in upheaval by the time I return. She does have a very sweet side to her however, she gives great hugs and kisses.

She has started saying her prayers and it is the cutest thing ever. She is very good at repeating the words and she has excellent pronunciation. She also is starting to sing quite a bit, every night before bed we have to sing popcorn popping and Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

She also had her very first hair cut a few weeks back. All we did was trim her bangs, but still, it was a hair cut.

We thoroughly enjoyed conference weekend at our house. I am always filled with gratitude that Heavenly Father has sent us such amazing leaders who are not afraid to take a stand. They fill me with a renewed sense of dedication and determination to be a little better than I was yesterday.

My favorite quote was by Richard G Scott:

"We become what we want to be by being what we want to become each day"

Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jensen Family said...

That is so awesome that she is potty trained that fast. I am in the process of that too but I am only on day 2. What a joy! Good job