


September 3rd we blessed Addison at home. It was a beautiful Saturday evening and a beautiful blessing. It was so hard to find a Sunday that worked for everyone, and after trying for a few weeks to make Sunday work I caved and gave in to Chris's suggestions that we just do it at home. I was so against the idea at first. I am not sure why, it just seemed like it was more formal, or proper to do it in Sacrament meeting. However, I would do it again at home in a heartbeat. It was so personal and private. We were surrounded by family and friends who all meant so much to us, and it made having a little dinner/party afterwards so much easier.
**Warning** The following is major picture overload. I couldn't help but take lots of pictures. She was surrounded by so many people who loved her.
Chris begged me not to put this picture up, but I had to because it is the only picture we had of our family. So I will just post a disclaimer with it.
Disclaimer.. Addison was being fussy so we had to pull the binki out at the last moment for a picture, Chris was trying to hide it hence the strange semi femmy hand position. This also made him stand funny and stick his chest/get out. So he is neither as chubby nor as femmy as this pic may lead you to believe. :D :D :D Love you honey.
The proud daddy who absolutely adores his baby girl.

The mamma

She had many grandparents around to love on her.
Grandpa Webre and Grandpa Clayton

Grandma and Grandpa Clayton

Grandpa and Grandma Webre

Grandma Webre

Grandma Clayton

Great Grandma Sharp

Aunt Kathy aka Grandma Kathy. ( Who bought this most beautiful dress for the tiny baby)

Lots of friends and family

Aunt Heather and Uncle Evan with Great Grandma and Grandpa Halladay

Dear Addison, This day was such a special day for you. People came from long distances to be with you and support you on your big day. You were so beautiful and looked like a tiny angel. You slept for most of the evening and didn't make a peep during the blessing. Your daddy gave you the most beautiful blessing. Afterwards he told me that when he held you in his hand he felt a tiny portion of the love your Father in Heaven has for you and he was overcome by its magnitude. Baby girl you are so loved by those who surround you hear on earth and those who are watching from up above. I pray you can always feel and remember that. One of the things your daddy blessed you with was to always bring others joy. The same kind of joy that you bring to your father and I right now. Sometime life is hard and sad, I wish I could keep you from all of that but it is just part of this life that helps us to grow. I hope you can always be a ray of sunshine that breaks through the hard times and helps others overcome sadness. You truly are our little sunshine and we love you so much. I am excited to watch you grow and become the beautiful woman I know you are destined to be.
All my love,
mom
No comments:
Post a Comment