Monday, October 10, 2011

Conference

Ah Conference weekend. I love it. I look forward to it for months before it comes. It is full of uplifting words, good food, and an excuse to stay in jammies and sit on the couch. :D It doesn't hurt hat I am guaranteed Chris will be home all weekend siting right next to me.

Conference this month didn't disappoint. Saturday while listening to conference I actually made raspberry peach jam with Jocelyn. We went to a fruit stand and picked all of our raspberries the night before. I made 3 batches and now have 12 containers stowed away in my freezer. I also made a batch of lion house rolls. So we enjoyed the last part of conference eating hot rolls slathered with freshly made jam. It made me feel domestic and productive. It made Chris giddy. Oh how he loves home-made jam. While Chris was Priesthood Saturday night Jocelyn and her kids stayed and visited. I was feeling extra generous and had pan of hot fresh chocolate chip cookies ready when Chris came home.

Sunday morning we got up and decided to make a fun breakfast since we had extra time. I had left over peaches and raspberries that I didn't use in the jam and so we decided on fruit crepes. It will definitely be a new tradition. It got a 5 star rating from everyone.

The "fixin's" Peaches, Strawberries, Raspberries, powdered sugar, whipped cream, and vanilla yogurt. All on rolled up inside a tasty light crepe. Outcome?.... DECADENT.
The talented crepe flipper. The kids thoroughly enjoyed watching daddy flip the crepes into the air. Surprisingly enough most of them landed back in the pan.... most.

Doesn't this make your mouth water? It was even tastier than it looks. Honest.


The kids LOVED them... as in out ate both Chris and I and were still asking for more. My children are fruit addicts.
I believe this is Taycee's 5th one. We finally had to cut her off for fear of so much fruit causing some issues.
Breakfast was followed by another amazing 4 hours of listening to our church leaders speak. The weekend ended with FHE at grandma Halladays with all of my side of the family.
Conference weekend will you please come back quickly? April is not nearly soon enough.

No comments: