Oh how I love this boy.

And he is that....a BOY. Not my baby, not my little guy, a boy. And I wonder daily where the time went and how he got so big. I asked him the other day how he got so big and he said "well mom, when I was a baby I went to bed and had a dream I grew big then I woke up and it came true!" I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like I put him in his crib one night and then woke up the next morning and he was this huge kid who wears size 6 clothing can write his name and can read the words he, and, the, it, to, I, and we.
He is smart. Like way way smarter than I was at the age of 4. The other day we were eating lunch and he said "mom when this sandwich is done in my tummy it will come out my bum. And this water will come out in pee" (ha, sorry kind of gross) I asked him who taught him that and he said "no one mom, I just knew it myself" He knows all of his letters, he sounds out words all the time. He knows lots of numbers and can count past 20. He loves to rhyme and is always asking me to play a rhyming game with him. He loves pre-school, and enthusiastically recounts every minute of it as I drive him home. He especially loves to sing. They learned a new Halloween song last week and when I picked him up he immediately started singing it to me, all the way home he sang it over and over. His primary program was last Sunday and his part was "this year, our theme in primary is I know the scriptures are true" He stood up to the mic and said it all by himself. The rest of the program he spent pulling faces at the audience. :D
He is such a good brother. He loves his little sisters and takes such good care of them. He is a natural with Addison. He asked to hold her the other day and she was fussing a little bit, he started slowly rocking her back and forth and tried to clam her down. When Chris went to take her back he said "daddy, you have to rock her and hold her head" He is an excellent binki finder. It makes car rides so easy. He always makes sure that she has her binki when she needs it.
If I had to describe Kaden in one word it would have to be JOY. He is such a happy person. He truly loves everything about life and is genuinely JOYOUS about it all. Today he said out of no where "mom I just LOVE our home" He is a constant reminder to me that life is all about finding joy in the moment, in the little things of life that we often take for granted.
He is a funny feller too. He makes me laugh every day. One night I was putting him in the car and for some reason I called myself cool. He said to me "no mom, girls are pretty and boys are cool." He has reminded me of that several times since. Another morning while I was doing Insanity he came and told me he wanted to exercise with me. He got down on the floor and then said... WOAH this is INSANITY! Then he was being my personal trainer. Every thing the instructor would say on the TV Kaden would copy. When the guy said it was time for a water break Kaden brought me a cup of water and insisted I drink. I said 'thanks" and took the water. He started dancing around the room cheering for himself saying "good helper, good helper.. uh uh.... good helper"
I really can't get enough of him.
Kaden,
You are my sunshine. You make life so fun and happy. I love to watch you grow and learn new things. You are such a smart boy and learn new things so quickly. I wish you would slow down a little and not grow up so fast. Thank you for being such a good brother to your sisters. Thank you for taking care of your mommy. I will always be your biggest fan.
Love,
mom
1 comment:
He is and always has been such a ray of sunshine! He finds joy in everything he does and he makes all the rest of us smile along the way. Thank you to both you and Chris for raising such an amazing, darling boy. Like you remind me, he was saved for this time and he will have to be strong and passionate to make it in a world that becomes more difficult every single day. I love you little Clayton family.
Post a Comment