Addi and Brie are 2 years and 2 days apart. Being so far away from home I wasn't sure what to do about the "BIG 1" party. I have always thrown my a babies a big 1 year party but in the past we have always had an abundance of family to attend. Being in Virginia we didn't have many people to invite that would care about a 1 year party. I tried to reason myself out of it but I just couldn't she is my baby, she was turning 1 and by golly she was going to have a party.
Addi is currently obsessed with 2 things, Dora and Elmo. After toying with a few different ideas ( some day I will plan a party with cotton candy, ponies, and an old fashion ice cream parlor.) I decided Sesame street would have to do.
I had Chris leave with Addi while I turned the downstairs into our own little Sesame Street.
She was pretty excited
We had some good friends come and party with us. I think in total we had 15 kids ranging from 1 mo. to 7 yrs. It was a busy fun day.

Making these pom poms took a ridiculous amount of time. But they were pretty cute when they were done.
I didn't get any picture of the girls during the party. I was way too busy chasing around little people. But I did snap this blurry photo on my phone before it started.
Addison crashed before the party was even over. Poor girl was totally partied out.
We opened presents later that evening. Addison received a host of sesame street characters that she still sleeps with every night. Brielle got some maracas and a play phone that she was thrilled about.
She took turns giving each of their heads a kiss.
We left the gang up for a day, they would have stayed there forever if Addi had her way.























No comments:
Post a Comment