I let him start the day out with a nap. Ha, sounds silly but it is something he never gets to do.
While he was napping I cleaned up the house, and wrapped a few presents.
Kaden was SO excited for daddy to open his presents. He said more than once "hey dad this present is for you, but we can share right!" Too bad none of his presents were toys Kaden wanted to have.
He really wanted P90x for his birthday, infact that is all he asked for. Later he mentioned he might want Insanity instead. So... he got both. Along with some much needed summer clothes some wrenches and cologne.
These kids sure do love to be with their daddy. They gave him a few birthday hugs before we sent them to our good friends the Egberts house.

With the kids gone we headed to Tucanos for Chris's traditional birthday meal. We go there every year to use his free birthday meal coupon. It kind of takes the surprise out of the day but I am pretty sure he would be heartbroken if I took him anywhere else. He looks forward to it all year long.
When we came home I told Chris the day had ended, we were just going to have some cake and icecream with the kids and take it easy.... I lied.... I think he knew all along. I had invited all of his friends over for a little suprise party. The started arriving about 6. A huge thanks to everyone who came. Chris loved having you all there and you made the night so fun.
This was the cake I came up with.... use your imagination....stretch it....stretch.... ok its a circuit board. It was the nerdiest cake I could think of. However the idea didn't translate as I had hoped. Regardless it tasted pretty nummy.



Chris and a couple of the friends who came to celebrate.

The highlight of the night for most of the men was playing NBA Jam on the wii. We were able to tear them away to play one game as a group so the women could play as well. As soon as it ended the wii was back on and they were back to playing.

Chris's actual birthday was on Sunday. We had celebrated the day before but I didn't want the actual day to go without note so I made a big breakfast. Chris was at meetings for most of the morning but he was able to come home right before church to enjoy his pancake covered in whip cream with one candle.

Happy Birthday Love! We are so lucky to have you in our lives. I could list a million reasons why you are the greatest but I am saving that for the fathers day post. Like I said... I have to spread out my ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment