Back in January I started making summer plans. I did this partly because I had just flown back from spending 10 days with family in Utah and the only way I could deal with being stuck back in Virginia was to plan our next time together and partly because I just really hate January so thinking warm summer beach months were just around the corner helped.
We knew Kaden's baptism would be in June and family would be flying out for the occasion so what better way to spend that time together than at the beach?! After a few weeks of searching for different deals on condo's and beach houses I finally found what I thought to be the perfect option and we booked it. (It had to be during the last week of school because summer rates started the week school let out and the extra 1,000 dollar charge didn't seem worth it)
It was a great week, the best week. To be in such a beautiful place and have so many people we love with us... well to me it just doesn't get any better. The ocean speaks to my soul and I could spend all day sitting by the waters edge listening to the waves crash. (except for the fact that I have 2 small children who will in no way allow that.)
We arrived Monday night, mom dad and Hunter joined us Tuesday and Kelly and Claudia came for the final 2 days. We soaked in lots of Vitamin D, went through several cans of sun screen, caught approximately 78 sand crabs and ended every night in the condo's swimming pool. Our time came to a close way way way too soon and I am already planning for our next trip.
![]() |
| I spy a grandpa with a handful of wet sand headed directly for Kaden. |
![]() |
| My mom's most favorite spot |
Addi caught her very first wave boogie boarding this trip. She loved it and even though she crashed a few times she would always jump right up and ask daddy to take her out again.
These crabs were the big hit this year. We caught 5 or 6 of them through the week they ranged in size. This one was probably the biggest, about the size of a baseball.
Grandma found a shell...uh I mean a walrus tooth...it's a good look I think.
Our condo was only minutes away from the beach so we were able to come back for lunch every day. The sunshine and water wiped poor Addi out and she didn't even get to take a bite of her sandwich before she fell asleep with her head against the counter.
A more comprehensive review of the week.














No comments:
Post a Comment