We are thick in the middle of baseball season. I seriously underestimated the amount of time it would suck out of our weeks, and also just how much I would LOVE watching that little dude of mine out on the ball field. It has become one of the highlights of motherhood thus far, minus the gut wrenching anxiety I feel every time he gets up to the plate.
It has been everything he ever hoped it would be. and even better his daddy joined as assistant coach. I am honestly not sure who's dreams were more fulfilled by that, Kaden's or Chris's. Probably a tie. He was very lucky to join an outstanding team with a great coach. I think I have mentioned before but almost all the boys on the team have been playing for years, and with this being Kaden's first season ever I was a little worried he might not gel with the team. My worries were (thankfully) for not. He has made some great friends and has just had an all around awesome experience.
![]() |
| Kaden and Dominic |
His new skill is sliding and he practices it every time he gets.
He is never afraid to cheer for teammates... or himself.
I mentioned the anxiety above, but what I didn't mention were the absurd cries/shouts/screams when he hits that ball and takes off for first base. Once he has stopped running and I realize the scene I am making I shrink down into my chair and pray no one noticed me. (Right... like no one noticed the 5' 10" lady jumping and screaming like her son had just won the lottery and there was a brain sucking alien chasing him.) I don't know what takes over me, but the moment that bat cracks the ball I am just not myself. Don't worry I apologize to anyone sitting around me each and every time. Can't stop. Won't Stop.
I have a feeling we have just started a long stretch of anxiety, uniforms, and crazy screaming mommas... and I couldn't be happier about it.









No comments:
Post a Comment